Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Taking a break from quilting to do some holiday baking



It's tradition to make the Lebkuchen the day after Thanksgiving so that the cookies can take the time they need to soften up and absorb the flavor from the piece of rum soaked bread.  But I didn't follow that schedule this year.  I didn't get the cookies finished until last night.  But I have a huge box of them now and they are already yummy.

We make so many different cookies, holly wreaths, fruitcake bars, traditional sugar cookies and Mexican tea cakes.  Maybe I'll post a photo when I do  each kind.  I'll try and work on the quilting before Christmas as well. 

Check back in before the end of the week.  I'm planning on starting the applique tutorial that will take several days to finish up.  If you are looking to learn hand applique I'll pass along some great tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment