Saturday, December 2, 2017

About jdquilts123



Hi !  I'm JD and my love is quilting and all things about quilting.  Welcome to my blog.

I am a retired teacher that has always loved to sew.  But, quilting has become my passion along with working with vintage sewing machines and such.  I teach classes on the little featherweights, doing needle turn applique and just about any quilting project that others want to make.  I'm always up for a challenge so I hope you'll join me in this journey of creating another quilt and getting another sewing machine up and running  well again.

3 comments:

  1. JD I am from Quilting Haven. I have a wool applique that I want to do. I hope to learn how to do it by following your instructions. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably won't want to do wool applique using the needle turn applique method because wool is awfully thick to turn under the edge. Most wool applique is done by stitching down with the buttonhole stitch. But follow along as I write instructions and decide for yourself. And, email me if you have specific questions you'd like to ask. I'll be happy to guide you through other methods. I've tried about all the types of applique there are.

    ReplyDelete