Sunday, February 24, 2019

Busy Week Ahead

I think I've recovered from the FW Retreat last weekend but I have a busy FW week ahead already.  I thought I'd remind you of a few important things going on.

Let's hope the weather is wonderful this Wednesday so the remainder of the Case Cover students can come and get their case covers finished.  I didn't cancel class last Wednesday but it was a bit iffy for many so there were only 3 students to finish up.  But, I did tell everyone that I'd do another class this week, Feb 27, so if you weren't able to come to the part 2 class, this is your chance.  Don't forget to bring your zipper foot and those little pieces of outer and lining fabric to cover the ends of the zippers.  I'll bring my zig-zag machine, some bias binding, and my zipper feet and we'll get this all done.


This weekend is the Jackson County Flea Market held at the Jackson County fairgrounds, 200 W. Ganson St., Jackson, Mi 49203. The show opens at 10am on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2.  I will have a few featherweights for sale as well as sewing related items.  My husband shows vintage hunting and fishing items (for the guys out there) and we have a mixed amount of other household items as well.  It's a fun event with a good assortment of vendors with flea market and antique things you might not be able to pass up.

Due to the flea market, the Friday FW Club class has been moved up to March 8 but the Sunday class will be held on March 3 as our usual format.  I've listed all the things we'll be doing this month over in the Class Schedule section. Head over there to check it out. 



We're fast approaching the end of the winter classes but there are a couple of maintenance ones coming up in March that I want to remind you about.  If you have a friend that needs to learn how to oil, grease and lube her machine, these classes will be the last ones until fall.  I'll teach maintenance on Tuesday, March 5, or Friday, March 29 at the Quilt Patch (517-423-0053).  Those tend to fill up fast so call in and schedule a space if you need a maintenance class.

So between teaching on Wednesday and getting ready for the flea market, I'm a busy gal this week.  I'll still check my emails if there are any of you with questions and I'll be getting things ready for our FW Club classes, too.  You all have a grand week.  I hope your FWs are singing a pretty song for you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment