Friday, December 15, 2023

It's time for our Spa Day

 


 

As the holiday gets closer and closer, I'm reminded that I've always suggested doing a Spa Day on your precious little FW between Christmas and New Year's day.  That's tradition for me.  After all, every six months we do need to take care of our machine(s) to keep it (them) running well.



I get asked this question all the time.  'Do I need to give all my machines a Spa Day every 6 months?  Some of them haven't been out of the case since the last Spa Day.'  Well, let's use a bit of common sense here.  If the machine hasn't been out of the case, it doesn't need another full Spa Day, does it?  You'll want to check it all out and for sure give that one drop of oil in the bobbin race before you sew.  You know that spot.  You are supposed to put a drop of oil there every morning when you start sewing.  But, use your better judgement.  If your FW has been working for you quite a bit, a Spa Day does seem appropriate.



What's going on with the FW Club stuff?  Well, the Sew-in-Days are running full swing.  I'm so looking forward to the December 23 get together.  I know!  It's so close to Christmas but I'm planning on this day being for ME!  I'll need a day to just sew and relax and get a belly full of laughs with my FW besties.  Come and join in.  You'll be sew glad you did!  And, for 2024, we'll be meeting every 4th Saturday of each month.



And, the email to March FW Retreat/Workshop participants has gone out.  I've gotten replys from many.  Thank you so much.  The rosters aren't finalized yet because I'm still waiting for a few to reply.  We do have a waiting list but do email me if you'd like to be added.  Sometimes I work through the list pretty quickly.  Email to the waiting list group will go out next week.



Are you ready for Christmas?  New Year 2024?  I'm working on being ready.... I'm close!  I just want you all to know how thankful I am for all of you.  I've found my mission is life because you all have made me feel special.  I do love the FWs and want to rescue every one.  I want your machine to sound lovely and stitch a perfect stitch.  I know that most machines can get to that point.  And, I'm so proud that so many of you have gotten so comfortable with your machine, fixing what needs to be fixed and just gaining so much for doing that.  Life is good.  Let's keep learning and living to the fullest.  Happy Sewing with your Sweet little Featherweight machine.  And....

Happy Holiday to All!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree
    At retreat and watching Hallmark movie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anonymous. Sounds very relaxing to be at a retreat watching fun movies. Hope your holiday is wonderful.

      Delete