Sunday, October 22, 2023

I've had an OOPSIE again!

You would think that a person skilled in repairing our little FW sewing machines wouldn't be a klutz, right?  You would be wrong.  I've done it again, fell and broke a bone in my left wrist almost 3 weeks ago.


It's not so bad, really.  I'm so totally right handed that I don't need my left hand for much.  But, I do need it sometimes.  With my left wrist in a cast I can't open a bottle of water or twist off a pickle jar lid.  I do love my pickles.  I can't carry a box of machine parts.  Thank goodness I can carry a FW case with a FW in it.  I still need to do that from time to time.  I don't recommend carrying the FW by the handle but sometimes, like being in a cast, you just have to.  Be careful though.

Thank goodness I got all the FWs repaired and cleaned that were on my workbench before this happened.  I have all of those back to their owners except one.  That one gets returned at the FW Maintenance class in a few weeks.  The workbench is empty of customer machines at the moment. My machines will have to wait for awhile!


The dr says 6 to 8 weeks and I should be fine.  I'm hoping for the 6.  It's a busy season coming up.  The end of October with Halloween is really coming on fast and November might be my most busy month of the year for me.  I have 2 FW Club classes, 3 FW maintenance classes, and a presentation to do for a quilt guild in Ohio.  Yup, busy month. And, let's not forget about Turkey Day and, the day Santa comes to town!  2024 will burst in with a blast and we'll hop onto the 2024 whirlwind for future fun things just like we do every year about this time.


Is your FW all cleaned up and ready to finish up all those Christmas gifts you decided to make back in the spring? I've decided to stop planning Christmas projects.  It just adds to my stress and I'm stressed enough.  It's a good thing I didn't do that this year, right?

One thing I wanted to tell you about is checking your motor belt on your FW.  This one has a kink in it from sitting so long in a closet, the basement or maybe the garage.  A kink doesn't help the motor give a smooth turn.  You might think about trying out the Super Belt if you haven't done so already.  Send me an email about them.  I can chat all day about the advantages to putting a Super Belt on your FW.  So, if you need to clean up your machine, think about coming to a maintenance class or maybe a Sew-In day. We can talk about what you'll need to do.  I won't be able to come to the October meeting but I plan on being at the one in December.  Because we are having the last FW Club meeting in November, we won't be having a Sew-In day that month.


The Final FW Club class will be November 3rd or 5th.  I have a lot planned for us.  Go over to the Class Schedule tab and you can read about what we'll be doing.

Okay, guess I'll go see what I can accomplish with this green thing on my arm.  If you have any questions or just want to say, hi, email me or comment here.  Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment