Friday, June 26, 2020

Good news and Bad news

Hello, everyone.  Our sweet featherweights don't know that a covid pandemic is going on so they expect to get their spa days on schedule.  And my schedule says, it's time for our 6-month FW spa day. So, pull out your notes and give those beauties the oil, grease, and motor lube that they deserve.  And while you're at it, check your needle and change it if needed.  Wipe down the surface with the soft cloth you store with your oil and stand back to enjoy your beautiful FW.  It always puts a smile on my face when I get that job done.


Unfortunately, the August retreats have been cancelled this year.  I'm so thankful that the participants let me know their concerns and I've already started taking names for the August 2021 retreats.  Let's hope that the covid issues are under control at that point so we can get together again for a fun weekend of FW comradery.


Now for the really bad news.  On June 12, I took a tumble and broke my left arm.  The bone dr here in the UP said surgery so I went to Ann Arbor for a second opinion.  I just got back home yesterday and I'm not having surgery at this point.  I am out of commission for awhile though.  It sure has put a crimp in my summer.  I'm very thankful that I didn't break a leg, my hip, or my back.  It was a hard fall but God is good.


So, I'm still around.  Send me any questions and I'll always try to help you out.  Take care.  Stay safe and stay strong.

2 comments:

  1. Jean so sorry to hear this set back. Time to sit and smell the roses. Glad to hear no surgery but need for recovery.

    So what’s on your list to keep your mind spinning and not you feet?

    Time is moving fast Looking forward to your return

    Slow down and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scrappy. I'm taking it easy, might try to hand sew soon. I'm getting a chance to read though...love John Sanford mysteries.

    ReplyDelete