Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Did you know?

Hello, friends.  The summer feels like it's arrived.  In fact, I think it's hotter up here in the UP than it is downstate.  That's unusual.


Did you know that there are things going on other than the pandemic and other horrible things?  Well for one good thing, Annette G has been working very hard to get all the FW Retreat/Workshop recipes collected, typed into an easy to read format and sent to me for distribution.  I can send all the recipes as an attachment in an email.  So, if you let me know you want it, I'll send it.  We are planning on printing off one copy to give to Kathy Seals, the Quilt Patch owner as a gift in the fall when we hopefully return to classes and such.  Thank you, Annette G., and thank you to every person that took the time to write down their recipe to be included.

I just sent an email to all the ladies that have signed up for the August 2020 retreat.  The final decision about whether to continue with retreat plans or to cancel will be done no later than June 11.  Contact me if you didn't get your email message.  You are the ones that these retreats are planned for so get back to me ASAP to help me make that final decision.

I know many have been waiting to get the report on my hubby's cancer prognosis.  Well, it's a good one.  We learned last week that the cancer is under control.  He won't have to go through chemo and he'll probably be good for a couple of years.  When this cancer returns, they'll have him go through the treatments once again.


So, I miss you all.  I get a few emails from time to time but I haven't gotten any serious FW questions lately.  I hope you are all feeling good about taking care of your sweet machines so you don't need me any more.  Our twice a year spa treatments are coming up soon.  I'll send a reminder when it's closer.

I hope you're dealing with isolation okay.  We're doing well.  Hope to hear from you soon.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jean
    Glad weather is nice. If I remember you had a lot rain one season. Seems we are stuck in a time zone down state. Hubby needs a haircut and will not let me help hime with that. I have a bad history. Enjoy your time, stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Scrappy. It's so good to hear from you. I'm missing my FW buds! Your hubby is not the only one needing a hair cut but my hubby won't let me trim his hair either. I'm feeling very shaggy as well. In time I'm sure this will all get figured out. Stay safe and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon you. I inherited my mother's featherweight. It is the machine I learned to sew on. Infact, I took it to college in the 70's and guarded it even then. I know that it has been well cared for and I knew it would one day be mine. I have had it now for two years not but have not been able to use it because the all purpose foot was lost. Mom always kept everything in her case but at 90 years old things get a bit cloudy. As we were cleaning things out we realized that some things were scattered and came upon some machine attachments. Hubby came along and through the box in the dumpster and it is now gone forever. Do you have a go-to place for FW parts and or attachments? I thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be interested in the FW classes at the Quilt Patch when available. I know a great deal about the FW but very little about the attachments. If they were in the case at the time of mom's passing I will have all of them. I don't know that I ever saw my mother use them. I played with the ruffler a bit and the gatherer some but I did not know how the rug maker worked. (I am not even sure what it was called) I think there was an applicator for bindings or trims. It has been too many years to remember all that was there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Sue. The Featherweight shop in Kooskie, Idaho is my go-to place for lots of FW things. I highly recommend them. And, once classes can start again at the quilt patch, I'd be happy to have you join us. We do talk about a different attachment every month.

    ReplyDelete