Tuesday, August 27, 2019

The Early August 2019 retreat

Where do I start?  The early August 2019 retreat was a blast, as always.  The house was full with 16 beautiful ladies working on more than 16 beautiful featherweights. I think I'll start calling these retreats workshops because we do so much more than sew. We take things apart.  We clean parts and replace things that need replacing.  We put things back together the way they should be and yes, we sew.  If I heard, "my machine sounds so much better" once, I heard it a dozen times.  No, I heard it more than a dozen times.  It was more fun that a barrel of monkeys.




And, what beautiful machines we saw.  Look at this one.  Isn't she a beauty?  And, she sewed like a workhorse all weekend. 



Several ladies worked on the FW dust cover.  They are really cute and so practical to cover up the machine when it's not in use.  I use mine in the UP all the time because my machine up here sits in a cabinet.  I needed a cover for her.



The jewelry cleaner was used so much cleaning parts on the machines, it got hot.  And, I don't know how many times we changed the water.  The tensions and bobbin assemblies were squeaky clean when we went home, Yeah!



In fact, I should tell everyone that when they come to a FW Club retreat/workshop, they shouldn't pay a machine repair person a ton of money to 'clean the machine' before attending.  I always hear stories of gals getting charged around $100 for a machine to be cleaned and then, we find goop and grime  that should have been cleaned out for that price, but wasn't.  I heard stories like that at both retreats this time.  People getting gouged by machine repair people makes me so MAD!

We do have FUN at our retreats, too.  Yup, the Bailey's gals had a very good time!



So, I'll post more about the Late August 2019 retreat yet this week.  I'm still recovering from the whole two weeks.  Check it out when you can.  The 2020 retreat/workshop dates are already set and some are already full.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Jean

    I was thinking the same thing as you. I am not planning on getting projects done, but machine work done......that goes with your statement of thinking of this as more of a workshop.
    Session II was a blast too. Had a lot of fun with the group. Miss the ladies in Session I. Looking forward to more time with Jean!!
    Just breath and sew on....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Session II was a blast. I'll post those pictures and give more info in a day or two.

    More time with Jean will be here before we know it. It felt like fall today.

    ReplyDelete