Friday, September 1, 2023

Here we come again-- Fall, Holidays, School classes!

 When that calendar page gets turned to September, my memories turn back to all the years I taught school and new students coming into my classroom, ready for a new year of learning.  After 30+ years of doing that, you don't forget.  But, now, September just means cooler weather is coming and more fun sewing days are ahead.

The August FW Club Retreat/Workshops were a hit again this year.  Two groups on two weekends add up to lots of fun and many things getting made.  We changed things up a bit this time and had a white elephant exchange, a raffle but we still had our 'bring it and take it' activity as well.  I was able to teach tension cleaning and adjusting, bobbin assembly problems and how to adjust your belt for excellent motor speed.  Let me share a few pictures of some quilt tops that got finished during our time together.







At the earlier gathering, we were treated again with a High Tea dinner.  What fun that always is.



If you'd like to attend one of the FW Club Retreat/Workshops, send me an email. jdquilts123@yahoo.com.  I would be happy to give you information and get you on the waiting list.  Yes, the retreats are full for the coming year but I have yet to have a retreat that doesn't have some adjustments made.

Just to remind you, the FW Sew-In days are happening the 4th Saturday each month and I hope you have been able to attend.  The next one is Sept 23 at the Quilt Patch in Tecumseh, Mi.  Go to their website to sign up.

Okay, I'll try to catch up soon and get back here to give a hint or two about your FW and issues you might have.  Email me if you have questions.  Let's enjoy the pretty fall colors as they begin and hope to see you at the quilt shop on the FW Club Sew-in day.


No comments:

Post a Comment