Thursday, December 29, 2022

Happy Holidays and Time for a Spa Day?



 I've been so bad about not posting again.  It seems that I have a pattern of that.  Will 2023 be better?  I just don't know.  But I did want to wish you all a very happy holiday and remind you what week this is.



Every year between Christmas and New Years, I give my featherweights a spa day.  Yup, it's that time.  People ask me all the time if I do all my machines that week and the answer is, no!  How do I decide which to do?  Well, if I haven't used a machine in 6 months, I don't do a spa for that machine until I'm ready to use it again.  If I just did a Spa day recently for some reason, you don't need to do another Spa day this soon.  So, I'm taking a machine with me while we're on a winter vacation.  I'll do that machine  when we arrive at our destination and before I sew with it.  So, there you go.  You should Spa any machine that gets regular use and hasn't been Spa-ed for 6 months.



And, after you get your machines all done, sew something with them.  I know I plan on doing that.  I'm going to start a new quilt now that Little Brown Bird is over and done with.  It took me 8 years to finish my LBB so something less stressful is really sounding good.  I'm going to start a fall quilt kit that I bought before Thanksgiving.  I usually don't buy kits but this one spoke to me.

I'm going to start a Hawaiian Sunbonnet Sue as well.  I've had the pattern since 2015 but I haven't started it yet.  I'll keep you posted on my progress. I'm going to make it a bit different than what the pattern calls for.  Don't we all do that?

So, I'm hoping all of you had a fabulous Christmas.  I hope the New Year brings all of us some great quilts to make and other projects as well.  I'm so looking forward to my small vacation before our FW Retreat/Workshops in March and our FW Club meetings in April.  As soon as I get a couple of maintenance classes set up for spring, I'll post it on the Schedule page.  

HAPPY NEW YEAR, all.  May your sewing days be many and your non sewing days sparce.  Love you all!


2 comments:

  1. Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year. Your LBB bird looks fabulous! Trying to get some UFO's completed and cleaning my sewing station. But not winning the war. Everytime I store an item, I later cannot find it. This time I do not know if grandkids T-shirts were loss or stored. Looking forward to retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Scrappy, thank you for taking that picture for me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well. I do understand losing the war in your sewing station. I lose the war time and time again. Hope you find those t-shirts. I really am looking forward to retreat and fun, fun, fun. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete