Monday, March 23, 2020

The Corona Virus and our New Normal

Would you have ever imagined that something like this could happen in this day and time?  I'm just shocked at what's going on around us.  The March retreats had to be cancelled and that still prays heavy on my heart.  But, it is more important that we keep everyone safe.


In an effort to 'selvage' ( thanks, Marge for the 'selvage' connection) our ability to stay connected, I've started The Featherweight Club forum.  You can sign up and join in posting and communicating about our featherweights, the projects that are keeping us sane during these troubling times, or just about anything else you'd like to chat about.  To register and be a part of the forum, go to www.jdquilts123.proboards.com.  Just click on the box that says to log in or register and follow the instructions.

There has been a plea for sewers to make medical masks out of fabric so I've posted the web address for a pattern designed by Mary Hogan on the new forum.  Go there and make of few of these.  We'll figure out how we're going to get these to the medical people that need them.  Maybe you already know of someone that needs some.  Check out the pattern, please.  ( these pictures aren't from Mary Hogan's instructions but you get the picture)


 

As for us, we are staying in, only going to dr appts and the grocery when necessary.  I don't remember when I've stayed home this long but hey, I'm getting some quilting done.  And, that's not all that bad.  The thing that really made me realize how important this is was something I read about Anne Frank staying hidden over 700 days to stay alive.  We can do this!  I know we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment